With school not in session and a record increase in unemployment, the need to feed hungry children continues to grow. We know more of our local families who are already on the edge or barely making it will continue to struggle more.
That's why from Monday, July 6th to Friday, July 31st, we at Denali. A division of Nuvision Credit Union will be partnering with The Children's Lunchbox – a program by Bean’s Café – for a food drive benefitting Anchorage families who've been affected by the pandemic. We will be collecting non-perishable food at our Anchorage & Eagle River branches as well as monetary donations for their summer meal kit program.
The items will be donated to families with students enrolled in the Anchorage School District to help provide nourishment during these difficult times. Just $10 can feed a family of four and the objective is to contribute to their 50,000 meal kit goal to meet the needs of the community. We need your help to reach this goal!
When we heard about The Children’s Lunchbox, we knew we had to help.
Throughout the COVID-19 crisis, we’ve been helping hard working people financially survive as part of our DenaliCares program. From feeding frontline healthcare workers to helping small restaurant owners keep their businesses open and their employees paid, we are dedicated to doing everything we can to help our members and the communities we serve get through the crisis.
WE INVITE YOU TO DROP OF THE FOLLOWING ITEMS at ONE OF OUR DONATION CENTERS:
- Pastas: Spaghetti, Fettuccini, Shells, Macaroni, Bowties, boxed Mac & Cheese
- Sauces/Seasonings: Alfredo/Marinara/Pesto Sauces, Chili & Taco Seasoning packets, Cheese Sauce
- Fruits/Veggies: canned fruit/vegetables/beans, canned tuna & chicken, dried fruit, fruit cups
- Soups: canned or boxed soups, stews, or chili, chicken broth
- Crackers/Bread: shelf stable breads, individual cracker packs, crackers in sleeves (Ritz or Saltines), cracker boxes
- Breakfast: individual cereal cups/boxes, oatmeal/hot breakfast cereal, shelf stable hash browns, shelf stable milk
Donation Center Locations:
Abbott 1725 Abbott Rd., Anchorage
Anchorage Financial Center 440 E. 36th Avenue, Anchorage
Eagle River 11409 Business Blvd., Eagle River
East Anchorage Walmart 7405 DeBarr Road, Anchorage
Jewel Lake 4000 W. Dimond Blvd., Anchorage
Northway Mall 3101 Penland Pkwy., Anchorage
Southside Financial Center 1501 E. Huffman Rd., Anchorage
WANT TO HELP FROM HOME?
For those that don’t feel comfortable dropping items off in person, we’ve created a GoFundMe account so that you can help from the safety of your home. All of the funds that we raise will go directly to the The Children's Lunchbox to help meet their goal of providing 50,000 meal kits to local families.