The City of Anchorage Employees Federal Credit Union was chartered on December 6, 1948 (charter 5912) with eight members and $40 in assets. The Alaska Railroad Federal Credit Union (Charter 6244), another predecessor to Denali, was chartered in July, 1949. Over the years a number of credit unions were chartered, or merged with existing Alaska credit unions, to create Denali Alaskan Federal Credit Union in 1997 and is now Denali Federal Credit Union:
- The Teamsters Federal Credit Union is formed in January, 1964.
- The Anchorage Natural Gas Employees FCU merges with Alaskan Employees FCU in 1975, and the name of the Credit Union was changed to Alaska Municipal Employees FCU (AMEFCU).
- The Chugach Electric Association FCU merged with AMEFCU in 1977.
- The Western Trades FCU merges with AMEFCU in 1982; the subsequent Credit Union changes its name to Alaskan Federal Credit Union in 1984.
- The Alaska Feminist Credit Union merges its field of membership with Alaskan FCU in 1985.
- The Alaska Railroad and Teamster Federal Credit Unions merge to form Denali FCU in 1986.
- Denali and Alaskan Federal Credit Unions merge on January 1, 1997, to form Denali Alaskan Federal Credit Union.
- Denali Alaskan Federal Credit Union opened a branch in Kent, Wash., 2015.
- Denali Alaskan Federal Credit Union changes name to Denali Federal Credit Union, Jan. 1, 2016.
Since Denali merged with Alaskan FCU it has taken many steps to reinforce its mission — helping members achieve financial success. Among the advances introduced to members are:
- the introduction of internet banking to Alaska in 1996, and continuing leadership in financial technology with 24/7 online banking, lending, member call centers and more;
- expanded units that offer home lending, business lending, business services and investment advice;
- expansion into new markets including Kenai, Wasilla, Eagle River and Kent, Wash.
Today, Denali serves more than 78,000 members*, with assets exceeding $660 million*. We invite you to join Denali and create your financial future for success.
Denali FCU is an Equal Housing Lender. Savings are federally insured to at least $250,000 and backed by the full faith and credit of the U.S. government.